Cases for packaging powder bags
Study and construction of a machine for the automatic feeding of the line with packaging cases (opening + emptying)
- FANUC R-1000IA80F 6-axis robot with 4 suction cup gripper
- Floor conveyor for euro pallets
- Box opening station
- Box compactor
- Transfer of euro pallets to the robot work area while work continues
- Vacuum pick-up of boxes by the robot
- Opening of the boxes with cutting the adhesive tape and holding of the flaps
1 box of 340 cases every 90 seconds
Automating to reduce drudgery at work
Opening boxes manually is a slow, intensive and repetitive operation, requiring operators to use sharp objects and handle heavy loads. To combat musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), eliminate injuries and boost the productivity of its customers, R&D Technology developed an innovative robotic solution to automate the opening and emptying of boxes.
In this project, a machine was developed for a customer who wanted to open boxes containing their cases and then empty them onto a conveyor belt to feed their packaging system.